RED CROSS BABYSITTER COURSE
Duration: 7 hours. Flexible scheduling options.
COST: $65 plus HST per student (discounts for siblings)
Basic first aid and caregiving skills for youth 11–15 years old. Participants learn how to provide care to younger children in a variety of age groups, and how to prevent and respond to emergencies. Course also offers youth the training to promote themselves as a babysitter to prospective parents.
Help your child build valuable skills for a lifetime. As a trained babysitter, your child will learn:
- Basic skills to care for babies, toddlers, preschoolers, and school-age children
- How to care for himself/herself and siblings when home alone
- How to create a safe environment, and deal with phone calls and unexpected visitors
- How to react confidently in case of an emergency, such as choking, bleeding, poisoning, or burns
- How to cope with common problems, such as tantrums and crying
- Games and activities to keep kids of all ages entertained
- How to manage a babysitting business, including creating a resume and a business card, and asking the right questions before accepting a babysitting job.
100% attendance, skills demonstration, and 75% min. passing grade on written exam
This course can be taught in your home! Host a course and receive a discount!
Red Cross Stay Safe Course
This course is available in home. Cost is $60 plus HST per student taxes included.